Equine Dentistry School: Dates, Costs & Location
Our classes are held on ranches and ranch resorts in the United States. Students receive a special room and board rate as well as access to the use of the facilities. Unlike your average school, where you attend class and then go home, here you are together with other students and faculty 24/7. You eat meals, meet and have fun together. This facilitates as much question and answer time as you, the student, need to get the most out of the time dedicated to learn with us. Discussions, meetings, and demonstrations are usually held in the evenings after dinner. Daytime is spent working in classrooms and or on the ranch horses.
We have found that having our classes held in two-week increments, both spring and fall, works to the students’ advantage. Two weeks per year in the spring and two weeks in the fall are what we currently offer because we know that our students have busy lives outside of class. This format allows students to choose the location and time to attend which suits their schedule the best.
Each week is considered a level if the student passes all the requirements. For example; if you take two weeks in the spring and pass you would be a Level 2. You could then take Level 3 & 4 during the fall class or wait again until the following spring. Eight (8), passed levels are required to certify. Researched homework is also required to be done between levels 2 & 3, 4 & 5 and 6 & 7.
An advanced class is offered every winter for certification and for certified students in good standing with NBD. This class is mandatory to take every two years to keep your ID card and be in good standing with our school. All the latest developments and research are offered as well as guest speakers in the top of their field relating to the betterment of the WHOLE HORSE. Hands on assessment and review of students work will be done by our Director, Spencer LaFlure to assure their work is still at peak performance.
Students are responsible for ALL travel, transportation and accommodation fees. When making reservations be sure to mention that you will be attending our school for the best discount. Be sure to make your reservations at least one month prior to class with the host facility.
- Cost per class level is $1,865 per week or $3,730 for each 2 week increment
- 1/2 tuition or $1,865 is required two months prior to class as a deposit to hold your space with registration form!
- Final full payment and homework is due one month prior to class
- Students of ALL LEVELS must submit their deposit NO LATER than 2 months prior to class or a late fee of $250 will be charged unless otherwise stated by Director Spencer LaFlure
- Continuing Education for CERTIFIED students is $1,150
- Certification Class, held for four days for non-certified students is $1,492.
***All students- level 1- 8 as well as Continuing Education students must submit a registration form with Deposit for each and every class attended!!!
We reserve the right to cancel class (if not enough students sign up)
You can pay by PayPal/check/or money order.
Upcoming Class Dates
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
Click here to download our class registration form. NewestAWHDRegistrationPolicyFormDec2015
Students are responsible for all travel, transportation and accommodations. When making reservations, mention you are a student of Spencer LaFlure’s Advanced Whole Horse Dental School.
NEW CLASS DATES:
NOVEMBER 2017 – Malibu Guest Ranch, Milford, PA
Southern Cross Guest Ranch, Madison, GA
February 26-March 1st, 2018
Continuing Education Class & Certification Class only
May 2018 -ALL LEVELS
April 23rd – May 4th, 2018
Ridin-Hy Ranch, Warrensburg, NY
On-line any time!
There is a free online “EQ-50: Equine Anatomy Precourse Distance Study” course that must be completed with a passing grade and certificate. This course must be taken and passed in order to certify and recommended taken at least by level three for the students benefit! (Licensed Veterinarians and Vet Techs are exempt from this course.)
All classes include:
- 2 Week Intensive Classes
- Cost – Tuition: $3,730 (50% deposit required to reserve space $1,865)
- Class Sizes Limited – 90% Hands On Work
- Group Research and Discussion
- Availability of trying instruments to see which best fits
- Seminars at night
- Demos of horse handling for specific situations
- Availability of time with Instructors (24/7)
- Accommodations will vary with each class and location and are the responsibility of the student to reserve and pay for.